Fibre Artist Nancy Wesley is always creating, a graphic designer by trade, her passion for the last decade has been felt-making. Her work shows her love of line and simple geometric shapes.
Nancy begins her process by hand dying wool roving then sculpting and manipulating it using a variety of felting techniques.
"The inspiration for my dye-pot is nature. The myriad of shades and depth of each colour is what I attempt to mimic with the dying process, never aiming for a solid colour. My vision comes to life as I lay down tuffs of wool like brushstrokes of paint."
Nancy creates her fibre art and teaches workshops out of her studio in the Cowichan Valley, BC. Custom orders are welcome.
Follow her current work on the Nan.C Designs Facebook page.
Studio open by appointment to view current work and to purchase hand-dyed roving and felting tools.
2019 Fairs and Art Shows
- March 22/23rd: Fibres West, Surrey
- May 26th: 100 Mile Fleece and Fibre Fair, Coombs
- June 22-23rd: Art in the Garden, Nanoose Bay
- July 20th: Moss Street Paint In, Victoria
- August 2-5th: Filberg Festival, Comox
- August 18th: Fibrations, Victoria
- October 26th: Cowichan Fleece and Fibre Fair, Cobble Hill
- November 1-3rd: Nanaimo Professional Craft Fair, Beban Park
- November 14-17th: Christmas Chaos, Duncan
- November 22-24th: Out of Hand, Victoria